TC38-TG3 - Environmental Declarations
Scope - Programme of work - TC38
- 2-4 September 2014 in Gothenburg
Mr. Wendschlag's presentation of ECMA-370 at inter noise 2010 in Lisbon is available here.
Developing the Eco Declaration (TED) standard ECMA-370 for broad usage beyond EU with focus on green public procurement.
TG3 may present ECMA-370 in the December 2009 Eco-design Forum in Sapporo.
The 4th edition of the ECMA-370 will be developed and finalized during 2009. The main focus will be directed to the energy section, which will be revised to cover the latest ENERGY STAR ® requirements for PCs and printers.
Market supply and demand
There are at least 15 International companies that on a regular basis issue ECMA-370 declaration for their products. On an annual basis there are more than 100 instances where customers have requested ECMA-370 declarations as part of the tendering process. UK based Office of Government Commerce, OGC, requires ECMA-370 declarations and selected certain criteria compliance as a condition for products to be sold to the UK Public sector.
Development of ECMA-370 to be more flexible, global as well as harmonised with regional activities in order to be fully applicable to an international market such as:
- Addition of EU Eco Flower requirements as market demand .
- Continue formalization of liaison and contribute to expansion of product scope for IEEE P1680 being the base for EPEAT (Type I eco label in the United States).
- For globalization of ECMA-370, definition of regional contents for Annexes A and B will commence in the Japanese workgroup for introduction with the ECMA-370, 5th edition.
- TG3 is discussing the development of a simplified TED, mainly for consumer use. It could be used to communicate the product ecological profile as required by the EuP-directive.