TC38-TG4 - Proxying Support for Sleep Modes (formerly TC32-TG21)
Scope - Programme of work - Activities
Network proxying of ICT devices to reduce energy consumption.
Programme of work:
- To develop Standards and Technical Reports for network proxying; a proxy is an entity that maintains network presence for a sleeping higher-power ICT device.
- To specify:
To maintain their published work; and
- the protocols that network proxies must handle to maintain connectivity while hosts are asleep;
- the proxy behaviour including ignoring packets, generating packets and waking up host systems; and
- the information exchanged between hosts and proxies.
To liaise and co-operate with other standards organisations.
- Mr. B. Nordman (LBNL)
- Mr. O. Elzinga (Ecma International)