TC46 - Open XML Paper Specification (OpenXPS®)
Scope & Programme of work - Activities - Working groups - Members - Documents - External contribution
TC46 was set up in June of 2007 to develop a standard based on the Open XML Paper Specification (OpenXPS).
- The formal scope and programme of work of TC46 can be found HERE.
- Lists of ad hoc working groups within TC46 and liaisons with other standards bodies can be found HERE.
- Reports on past meetings and activities, and a schedule for future ones can be found HERE.
- A list of active members of TC46 can be found HERE.
- Documents, including the current draft specification, and the committee’s current list of issues to be addressed, can be found HERE.
- You can provide feedback on the developing XPS standard HERE.
The goal of the Technical Committee is to produce a formal standard for an XML-based electronic paper format and XML-based page description language which is consistent with existing implementations of the format called the Open XML Paper Specification (OpenXPS). The Technical Committee will use the format called the Open XML Paper Specification (OpenXPS) as a starting point with the aim to provide a standard, secure, and highly trustworthy format that enables a wide set of applications, devices, tools and platforms to implement compatible paginated-document workflows. An additional goal will be to enable the interoperability of independently created software and hardware systems that produce, consume or otherwise process XPS content. The Technical Committee will be responsible for the ongoing maintenance and evolution of the standard.
Programme of work:
- Produce a formal standard for an XML-based electronic paper format and XML-based page description language which is consistent with existing implementations of the format called the Open XML Paper Specification, including:
Assume responsibility for the ongoing maintenance and evolution of this Ecma International standard.
Support backwards compatibility with implementations targeted to prior versions of the standard.
Evaluate and consider proposal for complementary or related additional technologies.
Establish and maintain liaison with other Ecma TCs and with other Standards Setting Organizations (SSOs) as appropriate to facilitate and promulgate the work of the TC.
Evaluate and consider contributing the Ecma standard to an ISO and/or IEC TC for approval and adoption.
- Produce a fully documented and unambiguous standard for an XML-based electronic paper format and page description language.
- Produce appropriate W3C XML Schemas to enable automatic verification of files written to the standard.
- Enable interoperability between existing industry implementations of applications, devices, tools and platforms.
Mr. C. Rae (Microsoft)
Mr. T. Nohnishi (Konica Minolta)
Dr. Istvan Sebestyen (Ecma International)
is the registered trademark of Ecma International.