Time to register to the EPFL - Ecma International Summit on Smart Wearable Systems (13-14 October 2016)
Geneva, 14 September 2016
As you may already know, together with the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne (EPFL) Ecma is organizing an “international summit” (basically a “workshop”) on smart wearable systems, which is often considered as a subset of IoT, or at least related to it. The summit is open to everyone and is free to attend! It will take place at the EPFL Campus in Lausanne, Switzerland on 13-14 October 2016.
The International Summit on Smart Wearable Systems aims at discussing these new exciting technologies, the challenges of implementing them, their interoperability, and last but not least the needs for standards and even more.
What Ecma hopes to get out of this event is clear: to find its role in the standardization of wearables and if possible to launch such standardization projects as soon as our membership find this useful and is ready to support it.
In addition take the opportunity and learn from academic and industry experts and visionaries about the latest and greatest on smart wearable systems in watches and smart watches, food and wellbeing, sensors, devices, medical applications and others. The presentations (so far, at the time of writing this “News” the list is not yet complete…) include:
- Wearable Computing - an Overview, by Touradj Ebrahimi, Professor, EPFL
- Personal Lifestyle and Health, by Ramesh Jain, Professor, University of California, Irvine
- Food Image Analysis: The Big Data Problem You Can Eat!, by Edward J. Delp, Professor, Purdue University
- A Smart Phone Demonstrator for Food Recognition Based on Deep Learning, by Lin Yuan, PhD student, EPFL
- Smartwatches: More Smart than Watch!, by Xavier Comtesse, Former Director, Think Tank Avenir Suisse
- Watches that Help You Make Better Sense of Your Wearable and Personal Health Data, by Panos Nasiopoulos, Professor, The University of British Columbia
- Laboratoire Dubois – Testing Watches and More, by Silvano Freti, Director, Laboratoire Dubois
- Textile Wearables - the Japanese Landscape, by Masahito Kawamori, Project Professor, Keio University, Japan
- Smartwatch -- New user Experience, by Satomi Michitsuta, Senior Wearable Technology Manager, Development Timepiece, Casio, Japan
- TAG Heuer Connected: how TAG Heuer innovated to adapt to the smartwatch world, by Frédérique de Waresquiel, Project Manager - Connected Devices, TAG Heuer
- Practice of FoodLog, a Multimedia Food Recording Tool, by Kiyoharu Aizawa, Professor, The University of Tokyo
Please register by using the following link: https://inform.epfl.ch/index.php?form=Wearable_2016
More information on the summit can be found here.
We are looking forward to seeing many of you in Lausanne in October.
For more information: please contact Dr. Istvan Sebestyen, Secretary General of Ecma International. Email: email@example.com.