Information Interchange on 130 mm Optical
Disk Cartridges of the Write Once, Read Multiple (WORM) Type,
using the Magneto-Optical Effect
2nd edition (June 1994)
This Ecma Standard specifies
- definitions of the essential concepts;
- the environment in which the characteristics are to be tested;
- the environments in which the cartridge are to be operated
- the mechanical, physical and dimensional characteristics of
the case and of the optical disk;
- the magneto-optical characteristics and the recording characteristics
for initializing the disk once, for recording the information
once, for reading it many times, so as to provide physical interchangeability
between data processing systems;
- the format for the physical disposition of the tracks and
sectors, the error correction codes, the modulation method used
for recording and the quality of the recorded signals.
The following file can be freely downloaded:
||5 371 778
||Acrobat (r) PDF file
This Ecma publication is also approved as ISO/IEC 11560.
The previous replaced "historical" edition of this Ecma Standard is not available.