Information Interchange on 300 mm Optical
Disk Cartridges of the Write Once, Read Multiple (WORM) Type using
the SSF Method
This Ecma Standard specifies the characteristics of 300 mm optical disk cartridges (ODC) of the WORM type providing for embossed information and for data to be written once and read multiple times, using the Sample Servo Format (SSF) tracking method.
- the conditions for conformance testing and the Reference Drive;
- the mechanical and physical characteristics of the cartridge, so as to provide mechanical interchangeability between data processing systems;
- the format of the information on the disk, both embossed and user-written;
- the characteristics of the embossed information on the disk;
- the optical characteristics of the disk, enabling processing systems to write data onto the disk;
- the minimum quality of user-written data on the disk, enabling data processing systems to read data from the disk.
Together with the standard for Volume and File Structure, this Standard provides for full data interchange between data processing systems. Interchange involves the ability to write and read data without introducing any error.
The following file can be freely downloaded:
||5 856 558
||Acrobat (r) PDF file
This Ecma publication is also approved as ISO/IEC 13614.