Data Interchange on 300 mm Optical Disk
Cartridges of Type WORM (Write Once Read Many) Using Irreversible
Effects - Capacity: 30 Gbytes per Cartridge
This Ecma Standard specifies the characteristics of a 300 mm
optical disk cartridge (ODC) of Type WORM (Write Once Read Many)
using irreversible effects, with a capacity of 30 Gbytes. This
WORM ODC's uses writing effects that are inherently irreversible.
Written marks cannot be erased and attempted modofications of
the written marks are detectable.
This Ecma Standard specifies:
- the conditions for conformance testing and the Reference Drive;
- the environments in which the cartridges are to be operated
- the mechanical, physical and dimensional characteristics of
the cartridge, so as to provide mechanical interchange ability
data processing systems;
- the format of the information on the disk, both pre-written
and user-written, including the physical disposition of the
tracks and sectors, the error correction codes, the modulation
- the characteristics of the prerecorded information on the
- the recording characteristics of the disk, enabling processing
systems to write data on the disk;
- the minimun quality of user-written data on the disk, enabling
data processing systems to read data from the disk.
This Ecma Standard provides for interchange between optical disk
drives. Together with a standard for volume and file structure
it provides for full data interchange between data processing
The following file can be freely downloaded:
||1 245 829
||Acrobat (r) PDF file
This Ecma publication is also approved as ISO/IEC 20162.