Information Interchange on Read-Only Memory Holographic Versatile Disc (HVD-ROM) – Capacity: 100 Gbytes per disk
This Ecma Standard specifies the mechanical, physical, and optical characteristics of a holographic disk that employs holographic storage to enable data interchange between such disks.
The disk is of the ROM (Read Only Memory) type providing for stored data to be read a multiplicity of times.
The 120 mm diameter disk has a nominal capacity of 100 Gigabytes.
This Ecma Standard specifies
- the conditions for conformance testing and the Reference Drive;
- the environments in which the disks are to be operated and stored;
- the mechanical, physical and dimensional characteristics of the disk so as to provide mechanical interchangeability between data processing systems;
- the format of the information on the disk, including the physical disposition of the tracks and data pages, the error correction codes, the modulation methods used;
- the characteristics of the embossed information on the disk;
- the characteristics of the holographic information on the disk;
- the minimum quality of stored data on the disk, enabling data processing systems to read data from the disk.
This Ecma Standard provides for interchange between holographic disk drives. Together with a standard for volume and file structure, it provides for full data interchange between data processing systems. The disks specified by this Ecma Standard may be enclosed in cases according to Standard ECMA-375 as specified therein.
The following files can be freely downloaded:
||3 269 143
||Acrobat (r) PDF file