Volume and File Structure of CDROM for
4rd edition (June 2019)
This Standard specifies the volume and file structure of compact read only optical disks (CD-ROM) for the interchange of information between users of information processing systems.
This Standard specifies:
- the attributes of the volume and the descriptors recorded on it;
- the relationship among volumes of a volume set;
- the placement of files;
- the attributes of the files;
- record structures intended for use in the input or output data streams of an application program when such data streams are required to be organized as sets of records;
- three nested levels of medium interchange;
- two nested levels of implementation;
- requirements for the processes which are provided within information processing systems, to enable information to be interchanged between different systems, utilizing recorded CDROM as the medium of interchange; for this purpose it specifies the functions to be provided within systems which are intended to originate or receive CD-ROM which conform to this Standard.
The following file can be freely downloaded:
||1 39 '372
||Acrobat (r) PDF file
This Ecma publication is also approved as ISO 9660.
The previous replaced "historical" editions of this Ecma Standard are available here.