Volume and File Structure of CDROM for
3rd edition (December 2017)
This Standard specifies the volume and file structure of compact read only optical disks (CDROM) for the interchange of information between users of information processing systems.
This Standard specifies:
- the attributes of the volume and the descriptors recorded on it;
- the relationship among volumes of a volume set;
- the placement of files;
- the attributes of the files;
- record structures intended for use in the input or output data streams of an application program when such data streams are required to be organized as sets of records;
- three nested levels of medium interchange;
- two nested levels of implementation;
- requirements for the processes which are provided within information processing systems, to enable information to be interchanged between different systems, utilizing recorded CDROM as the medium of interchange; for this purpose it specifies the functions to be provided within systems which are intended to originate or receive CDROM which conform to this Standard.
The following file can be freely downloaded:
||1 391 556
||Acrobat (r) PDF file
This Ecma publication is also approved as ISO 9660.
The previous replaced "historical" editions of this Ecma Standard are available here.