Workshop on opportunities for data and cloud standardization in Cupertino, USA on 7 December 2023 from 9:00 – 12:00 Pacific Standard Time (PST) – Postponed to a later date
Geneva, 8 November 2023
This live hybrid event will kick-off a discussion on Ecma International as the ideal home for members to develop standards, and then fast-track into formal European standards or promote for acceptance as open interoperability specifications.
The requirements of the Draft EU Data Act will be highlighted, in particular the need for standards to support the implementation of the Data Act and to achieve and demonstrate compliance.
Areas to be covered:
- Regulating cloud services
- Market access requirements for Cloud interoperability
- Cloud switching and Cloud portability
Ecma can be instrumental in addressing the upcoming challenges:
- members can better leverage Ecma’s fast and effective process for developing standards;
- members can work under the respective commonly agreed Ecma IPR policy option; and,
- members can engage and collaborate with other standards bodies to support their efforts to address the upcoming requirement of Draft EU Data Act.
This hybrid event is hosted by Apple and will take place at the Apple Park in Cupertino, USA. The attendance to the workshop is open to Ecma members and non-members and is free of charge.
For planning purposes, participants should register via an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with their full name and affiliation as soon as possible.
Further details will follow.
We look forward to your participation.