This ECMA Standard defines the rate adaptation method used by terminal adaptors operating in accordance with circuit switching or leased circuit services which support an asynchronous or synchronous V.-Series interface.
This Standard is based upon CCITT Rec. 1.463 (V.110), and uses the asynchronous-to-synchronous conversion technique described in CCITT Rec. V.22.
A major goal of this Standard is to achieve the maximum compatibility with CCITT Rec. 1.463.
This Standard specifies:
- bit rate adaptation of asynchronous and synchronous user data,
- end-to-end synchronization of entry to, and exit from, the data transfer phase,
- provisions for network-independent clocking to allow the transfer of user data between two non-synchronized networks,
- provisions for flow control between terminal adaptors to allow the connection of two asynchronous terminals running at different data rates,
- provisions for performance monitoring.
- ECMA-102, 1st edition, September 1985Download