This specification describes the form and establishes the interpretation of programs written in the C# programming language.
- The representation of C# programs;
- The syntax and constraints of the C# language;
- The semantic rules for interpreting C# programs;
- The restrictions and limits imposed by a conforming implementation of C#.
This specification does not describe
- The mechanism by which C# programs are transformed for use by a data-processing system;
- The mechanism by which C# applications are invoked for use by a data-processing system;
- The mechanism by which input data are transformed for use by a C# application;
- The mechanism by which output data are transformed after being produced by a C# application;
- The size or complexity of a program and its data that will exceed the capacity of any specific data-processing system or the capacity of a particular processor;
- All minimal requirements of a data-processing system that is capable of supporting a conforming implementation.
|Microsoft Visual C# Version
|Corresponding Ecma Standard
|Corresponding ISO/IEC Standard