This Profile Standard specifies the combination of base standards, together with the selection of appropriate options and parameter values, necessary to specify how QSIG / PSS1 can be used for Message Centre Access (MCA) procedures.
This Standard identifies the necessary or optional employment of particular functions, procedures and services for
- a Calling User to deposit messages for a Served User at a Message Centre,
- a Served User to monitor the Served User’s Mailbox for new messages,
- a Served User to browse through the messages saved in the Served User’s Mailbox,
- a Served User to retrieve the messages saved in the Served User’s Mailbox and
- a Served User to get connected to the Originator of a message or any other destination.