To maintain an overall view and strategy for standardization in the field of holographic information storage systems, and to identify and develop Standards, Technical Reports and Guidelines in this field. To monitor and pursue standardization at a global level with regard to ISO/IEC JTC 1 and the international standardization community in general, including but not limited to the AV, IT and computer interfaces community.
Programme of work:
- To develop standards for media recorded by holographic means.
This includes but is not limited to:
- the recording format;
- the minimum number of parameters, test methods and reference materials necessary to ensure interchangeability of recorded media;
- protective cases, cartridges or coverings with recording or reproduction devices and equipment.
- To develop standards on methods for determining the life expectancy of holographic storage media.
- To assume responsibility for the maintenance of Ecma Standards prepared by TC31-TG2.
- To monitor technological developments in the field of holographic media.
- To maintain liaison with other standards organizations in order to present Ecma proposals to them and to make comments to their proposals.
- Convenor: Vacant
- Secretary: Patrick Luthi (Ecma International)