Standardization of the general purpose, cross platform, vendor-neutral programming language ECMAScript®. This includes the language syntax, semantics, and libraries and complementary technologies that support the language. This work intends not to use patents or if so then only royalty free patents. To aid in achieving that objective, this TC is using the Royalty-Free Patent Policy.
Programme of work:
- To maintain and update the standard for the ECMAScript® programming language.
- To identify, develop and maintain standards for libraries that extend the capabilities of ECMAScript®.
- To develop test suites that may be used to verify correct implementation of these standards.
- To contribute selected standards to ISO/IEC JTC 1.
- To evaluate and consider proposals for complementary or additional technologies.
- Chair group:
- Chris de Almeida (IBM)
- Rob Palmer (Bloomberg)
Ujjwal Sharma (Igalia)
Secretaries: Samina Husain (Ecma International), Istvan Sebestyen (Ecma International)
ECMAScript® and OpenXPS® are registered trademarks of Ecma International.