This Ecma Standard specifies
- the conditions for conformance testing and the Reference Drive;
- the mechanical and physical characteristics of the cartridge, so as to provide mechanical interchangeability between data processing systems;
- the format of the information on the disk, both embossed and user-written;
- the characteristics of the embossed information on the disk;
- the magneto-optical characteristics of the disk, enabling processing systems to write data onto the disk;
- the minimum quality of user-written data on the disk, enabling data processing systems to read data from the disk.
- ECMA-154, 1st edition, June 1991Download