To facilitate the interchange of information on media by specifying the format on the recorded structures that contain descriptive information about volumes and the files/directories recorded on the media.
Programme of work:
- To specify volume and file structure standards for media used in interchange.
- To specify such standards so that they are independent, where possible, of the standards for the underlying medium.
- To constitute a coherent family of standards where possible.
- To assume responsibility for the maintenance of Ecma Standards prepared by TC31-TG3.
- To maintain liaison with other standards organizations (ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 23 and SC 29, IEC TC100, OSTA) in order to present Ecma proposals to them and to make comments on their proposals.
- Convenor: Kei Yamashita (Emeritus member)
- Secretary: Patrick Luthi (Ecma International)